Frequently asked questions
What should my child wear?
- You child may either wear a leotard or t-shirt and shorts, leggings, or sweatpants. We don’t permit any clothing with zippers, buckles, or strings in order to preserve the integrity of the equipment and also ensure athlete safety. Bare feet are required at all times in the gym, with the exception of the parent and tot program in which socks are allowed. Outdoor footwear is not permitted.
- Hair should be tied back out of the face. No jewelry other than stud earrings are permitted.
- If you child has any medical conditions that require accommodations, please contact the office to determine if these accommodations can be made without sacrificing your child’s safety in the gym.
What do I need to bring?
- You may bring water, in either a disposable or refillable bottle. Sports drinks, juice, or other beverages are not allowed in the gymnastics area. Please note there is no water fountain at the gym. Water bottles are available for purchase for $1.00 at the office.
Is there a parental viewing area?
- Yes, we offer a viewing area upstairs that overlooks the entire facility, excluding the competitive beam area. We do not allow communication from spectators to the athletes training in the gym. If you need to communicate with your child, please let the office staff know and they will escort your child from the class to the lobby. No flash photography is permitted due to the safety hazards it poses for our athletes.
Do I need to stay during my child’s class?
For children aged 3 and up, you are not required to stay for your child’s class however you are more than welcome to watch from the upstairs viewing area (not accessible durng COVID). Our Parent and Tot or Parent and Kinder programs are the only classes that requires a responsible adult to be engaged in the class with their child for the entire time.
Am I allowed in the gymnastics area with my child?
Only members of the Parent and Tot or Parent and Kinder classes are allowed in the gym with their child, and only one adult at a time per child. No other parents are allowed in the gym due to the policies laid out by the regulatory body Gymnastics Ontario (during COVID). If you need your child to leave the class, or deliver forgotten water bottles to your child, please let an office staff know and they will be happy to help.
How do I register?
We offer online registration for both our new and returning members. If you are having any difficulties with the online registration, please contact the office and they will be happy to assist you. Once you create an account on the online registration platform, you can use the same account for classes. You are also able to have multiple children listed under the same family’s account. The only classes you are not able to register for by yourself are private lessons.
When can I register my child in an Advanced Class?
Children must have already successfully achieved level 3 of the CanGym assessment program to be allowed our Advanced classes.
How does payment work?
Full payment is due upon registering. We do not hold spots without payment.
What is your policy on refunds?
See website for further information regarding Camp refunds.
- Full refunds are provided up to 14 days prior to the first class.
If your child incurs an injury that would result in not being able to return to gymnastics prior to the end of the session, a credit will be offered if a medical note is provided.
After week 3 of the session, there are no refunds.
Refunds, minus the $35 Gymnastics Ontario Insurance Fee and a $15 admin fee will be provided up to 14 days after the start of the first class, for the remaining classes in the session. You may also choose to withdraw your child up to 14 days after the first class and receive a credit to your account with no admin fee for the remaining weeks of the session.
Can I switch classes?
Yes! We are always happy to accommodate your request for your child to switch classes any point in the session, providing there is space in the class you are requesting. You are unable to switch classes using your online profile. Please contact the office via phone (905 623 4882) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a change in class.
Do you offer a sibling discount?
No sibling discounts are currently being offered.
How many children are in a class?
Under COVID-19 protocols, the maximum number of children per recreational class is 6. Parent and Tot classes are currently capped at 5. Under normal circumstances, recreational classes may have up to 8 children per class.
Do you offer makeup classes or refunds for classes missed?
No, however if there is a scheduled holiday on the day of your class, the session is extended to account for the missed class. If your child unable to make a regularly scheduled class, we cannot accommodate them in another class.
Do you offer trial classes classes before registration?
Single 'Trial' classes are available prior to the start of session. These are pre-scheduled and are available for all ages. Please contact the office for more information regarding specific days, times, and costs.
Do you offer private lessons?
Yes! Private lessons are scheduled individually through the office. You are unable to book private lessons online.
What if the weather is bad?
If severe weather causes Galaxy Gymnastics to close for that particular day, announcements will be posted on our Instagram and Facebook accounts as well as on the main phone message. Either a refund or a makeup class will be arranged based on the availability of the facility and schedule to accommodate.
When do you hold tryouts for your competitive team?
Tryouts are offered to our recreational athletes whose coaches have identified as potentially fitting into our competitive program. Typically, these tryouts occur in the spring/summer as new groups are being formed, however they may occur throughout the year if spots are available for them in entry level competitive groups.